Carol Levergood's Posts

Carol Levergood's Posts
Her books at Lulu.com/blevergood

Thursday, October 13, 2011

An unusual Remedy

An Unusual Remedy




The coffee lid flew and the hot contents of the cup drenched dad’s pants, burning his legs.  He did a bit of a jig after the hot coffee hit the skin, taking off into the house.  I dare not enter now I thought, as he hurriedly placed “my” apple butter all over the area where the coffee landed.  Getting out of the car, he caught the door on the breakfast from a fast food restaurant. 
                        My mother and dad were delighted with the cinnamon mixture and promised they would try it at breakfast.  While I was out gardening in their front yard, dad pulled up in the driveway.  I didn’t know just what he did until I entered the house later.  At first, sensitive “me” wanted to say, “What did you do with ‘my’ apple butter?” But I kept quiet realizing he was really hurting.  My father likes his coffee hot, but did not like wearing it. 
            Dad used the apple butter as first aid just like his mother.  He went on to tell me his sister pulled a hot kettle of water from off the stove accidentally spilling the contents all over her.   The cool apple butter was used as the solution for the bad burn. Whether that is recommended today I do not know, but then, it was thought to be a helpful suave. 
            Once I gave the apple butter to dad, it was no longer mine.  He could choose to use it anyway he so desired.  I used to feel hurt when I saw my Christmas present to someone returned, taking it personal.  Now once something leaves my hands and is given, and is no longer mine to make decisions over on how and if used. 
            The apple butter had a higher much greater use, and after thinking about it, I was glad it was there to provide relief for my dad.  Just as there is more than one use for homemade apple butter, so is there more than one reason for Hell.  Some feel God is a cruel God allowing there to be a Hell.  But as the scriptures read, Hell was not made for us; it was made for Satan and has angels.  God gave his Son, not that any should perish, but have everlasting life.  God gave his Son to die on the Cross; the remedy for a sin sick world.  The remedy has been there all along, but many try their own way, resulting in less than heavenly results.  No guessing at whether it will work.
            You have been given a solution, an answer for your eternal destiny.  What you do with it is up to you.  Why choose a place made for Satan and his angels, a place not even made for you?  Why not accept the gift of eternal life to experience what God wanted and desired for you from the beginning? The gift is yours.  What will you do with it?
               
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have ever lasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
                                                                                                              …John 3:16-17

1 comment:

  1. Per favore visiti sito
    www.versolanuovacreazione.it
    grazie Dio vi benedica

    ReplyDelete