Carol Levergood's Posts

Carol Levergood's Posts
Her books at Lulu.com/blevergood

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Heavenly Cruise Control

Under

Heavenly Cruise Control



...And there is no new thing under the sun.
                   --Ecclesiastes 1:9

While Bill and I were living in Brazil, we drove a stick shift, so you can imagine how we enjoyed driving a car with air-conditioning, power steering, and automatic transmission.  I especially liked the cruise control and was quite impressed the first time I used it.  I thought I was so cool!   
Cruise control, however, might not be feasible in Brazil because of the numerous pot- holes and speed bumps referred to as “lombadas.”
In Ecclesiastes 1:9, we see there is “nothing new under the sun.”  Just imagine Elijah!  God controlled his chariot, and it was cruising.  Can you imagine heavenly cruise control?  Try that if an officer stops you for speeding.  That is when he would have to see our heavenly license and make us pay a not so heavenly fine.  Just imagine being lifted into Heaven.  Of course, the way some of us drive that is easy to imagine.  
            I cannot wait to hear Elijah’s story from his own lips.  He’d probably tell me, “Practice the power of God in your life if you really want to fly high.




No comments:

Post a Comment